Make Photographic Stuff Prints Alongside Inkodye

safety pins too leaves, prints using cardboard cutouts, too a pattern amongst a freezer newspaper stencil, I tried working amongst a photograph negative that I printed at home.

For this experiment, I did a Google picture search too set the filters to display large black-and-white photographs. I constitute an picture online that I liked: this desktop wallpaper amongst a 1962 Ford Thunderbird admired yesteryear elegant ladies. "Betty, is that your novel car?" "Yes, Shirley. Isn't it mahvelous? Good affair I convey a massive driveway too hence I'll never demand to parallel pahk this boat."

I inverted the picture inward Photoshop to arrive a negative too printed it on unopen to one-time 3M CG3460 inkjet transparency cinema I constitute inward my closet.

Even if yous don't convey Photoshop, yous tin plough whatever photograph of your ain into a negative. Bold photos amongst lots of contrast volition run best.

Go to the online picture editor Pixlr. Choose "Open picture from computer" to upload your photo. From the travel yesteryear menu, select "Adjustment">"Desaturate" to brand the picture dark too white. Then select "Adjustment">"Invert" to create a negative image. You tin also play amongst brightness, contrast, or levels to larn nighttime blacks too brilliant whites for expert printing. Finally, select "File">"Save."

Then impress the negative onto printable transparency film. Order unopen to from Amazon or the Lumi website. Follow the directions on the bundle for feeding the sheets through your printer.

If yous demand larger negatives, endeavour splitting your picture inward half, printing on 2 sheets, too taping them together.

Or if printing your ain negatives sounds similar a pain, yous tin download the Lumi iPhone app to gild custom negatives delivered to your doorstep.

After printing out the negative, I got the stuff ready. H5N1 slice of cardboard wrapped amongst a plastic trash handbag makes a dandy waterproof run surface. I taped my slice of cotton fiber sail to the board to concur it inward identify piece brushing on dye.

Then I poured a piddling Inkodye into a loving cup too brushed it on amongst a foam brush. Doing this inward a room amongst subdued lighting is important— yous don't desire the dye to showtime changing color earlier you're ready! Try to larn an fifty-fifty layer of dye on the fabric. The cloth doesn't demand to live soaking wet; simply thoroughly coated.

Mix Inkodye amongst H2O inward a 1:1 ratio to stretch it farther; you'll larn the same vibrant color. Or add together fifty-fifty to a greater extent than H2O to larn lighter colors. Mix colors to create novel hues if yous want.

I used a newspaper towel to blot off all the excess dye I could remove. Too much wet tin drive condensation on the negative, too this tin mess upward your print.

Then I set the negative on travel yesteryear of the fabric, printed side upward too hence the ink wouldn't larn wet too smear. In illustration in that place was a slight breeze outside, I stuck on a slice of record to secure the negative too hence it wouldn't blow away. Add to a greater extent than record if needed, but I wouldn't recommend taping downward all the edges or you'll trap to a greater extent than H2O inside, increasing condensation.

Then I carried the board exterior into straight sunshine. See the piddling animation I made? That's what it looks similar equally the dye starts to alter color from almost clear to purple indigo, too eventually to blue. Condensation started to appear which worried me; I've had prints ruined yesteryear that before, but this 1 turned out okay.

After 10 minutes of exposure, I took the board dorsum indoors to a dim room too removed the negative.

Then I forthwith washed the stuff amongst laundry detergent inward hot water. The finish is to take the undeveloped dye from the low-cal areas earlier it turns color. Scrub actually thoroughly or set your impress correct into the washing machine. The Inkodye fellowship recommends washing it twice. The dye is permanent, too hence don't worry that you'll launder off the bluish areas. They're in that place to stay, too hence yous tin dye vesture too bags too launder them regularly going forward.

Here's the lastly print.


I decided these ladies needed unopen to friends, too hence I chose this McCall's pattern stuff for a lining too sewed this impress into a zippered pouch.

You could brand prints of your kids, your house, your Prius, or your Western Farsi kitty. Print on aprons, t-shirts, hoodies, or pillows. Good times!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Diy Metallic Washer Bracelet

Diy Waistband Elastic Headbands

Diy Claw Hanger For Jewelry Organization